Vizrt is seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our team in our New York City office location. The ideal candidate is an experienced Project Manager with a successful track record managing the entire project life cycle with digital solutions from 3D graphics, studio automation and media asset management systems (MAM) projects for the broadcast and media industry. Successful candidates are excellent communicators, problem-solvers, self-motivated, collaborative and structured in the work environment. The Project Manager has the primary responsibility for the overall commercial project accountability and for successfully delivering the projects that match customer business objectives including timeframes, quality, customer satisfaction and budget parameters.
What You'll Do:
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Secure profitability of projects.
- Manage Project Portfolio on a regional level
- Responsible for project planning, overall project scope and manage costs/budgets
- Responsible for project management needs including RFPs, pre-sales expert, group meetings, and customer sales presentations
- Facilitate decision making on project priorities while effectively balancing multiple needs and drive communication channels with key stakeholders
- Collaborative approach with strong working relationships with project team members
- Support the implementation of project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines and standards to continually improve project delivery
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Ability to travel to client locations as needed
- Gain productivity within our operations organization.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Act as a coach to other project managers in the organization.
- Support other departments (Sales, PS, R&D) with project management knowledge and experience
What You Bring:
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in project management roles.
- 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Experience and ability to manage the profitability of projects.
- Managed at least 3 major enterprise projects within the broadcast Industry.
- Hold a Project Management Professional, PMP, certification from Project Management Institute, PMI or similar certification
- Excellent experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall
- Good knowledge and experience in processes for delivery of HW, SW and Support in an Enterprise SW environment
- Experience delivering technical web solutions to customers, particularly B2B.
- Ability to work in diverse, fast paced environment and effectively collaborate across teams
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs
- Experience developing processes to manage complex implementation projects for enterprise customers
- Strong presentation and communication skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
- Experience delivering projects within Broadcast industry is a plus.
- Experience delivering large media cloud migration projects is a plus.
- Well organized on procedures, documentation and reports.
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
- Flexibility to travel throughout the Americas region
What We Offer:
- We offer an exciting opportunity in an expanding international company with potential for personal growth
- A caring environment with regular feedback and personal development together with a 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision & life insurance for you and your family
- Excellent time off programs
- A friendly and welcoming work environment with highly skilled colleagues
- We utilize innovative software development technologies and methodologies
- We create software and services that push creative boundaries and develop new ways of telling stories
Vizrt creates leading-edge content production tools for the digital media industry - from award-winning 3D graphics through integrated video workflow solutions. Our product line includes interactive and virtual solutions, studio automation, sports analysis, animations, maps, weather, video editing and online publishing tools. Leading broadcasters worldwide including CNN, CBS, MSNBC, Fox, the BBC, BSkyB, ITN, ZDF, Star TV, Network 18, TV Today, CCTV and NHK utilize Vizrt solutions. This is possible due to 600 engaged and very competent employees in multiple worldwide locations. The global headquarters is in Bergen, Norway. Vizrt Americas (65 employees) is based in New York City and provides all of the company’s product lines for clients in North and South America. Read more at www.vizrt.com.