Vizrt creates leading-edge content production tools for the digital media industry – from award winning 3D graphics & maps through integrated video workflow solutions and online publishing tools. Leading broadcasters worldwide such as SVT, BBC, CNN Fox, TV4 and Network 10 utilize Vizrt solutions.
The Studio Automation system fully supports the Vizrt family of products and can be seamlessly integrated with existing software installations. Viz Virtual Studio supports all major camera-tracking solutions and other studio peripherals, offering broadcasters a cutting- edge solution for the creation of virtual sets.
Due to increased demand, we are now looking for a Viz Studio Automation System Engineer position. Activities will be sales support coordination, customer services which typical tasks are installation, configuration, training and documentation but can be any other task assign by the team ensure a successful delivery. It is important advantage to have both TV technical and production background, as a Viz Studio Automation project encompasses the whole range from TV workflow to technical details. Your operational area will mainly be within APAC Region, but occasional worldwide travel may occur.
Further information about the company can be found at www.vizrt.com
System Engineer role
The overall responsibility of a system engineer at Vizrt is to as part of a project team or individually, deliver high quality systems to our customers, and always keep the best interest of Vizrt in mind. The System Engineer reports to his manager and/or the Project Manager/Project Coordinator who assign tasks to be done. The SE works independently and takes full responsibility of the assigned tasks, that they are done on time and with high quality. Typical tasks are installation, configuration, training and documentation but can be any other task that will ensure a successful delivery.
As a System Engineer you are expected, but not limited to:
- Constantly strive to improve the day to day operations and processes, for example by:
- Providing feedback (positive and negative) to colleagues you work with.
- Making sure that project related activities, and configurations are properly documented.
- Perform on site and remote support of Vizrt Automation systems.
- Log and manage support tickets, analyses and triage problems and concerns.
- Submitting high quality bug reports to 2nd Tier Support and R&D, according to 2nd Tier Support and R&D’s templates and instructions.
- Improving the quality of the product by suggesting improvements.
- In a professional manner interact with your colleagues and our customers, for example by:
- Being responsive to questions, phone calls, emails etc.
- Mentoring colleagues junior to you
- Travel to participate in on site activities.
- Always take responsibility for the success of the projects, for example by:
- Understanding Vizrt’s project model.
- Working independently and keeping promises.
- Planning and estimating the time needed for you to complete various tasks, according to your own skill level and experience.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot as well as help launch systems into production in an efficient and professional manner.
- Taking responsibility and initiative to constantly learn more about the broadcast industry, broadcast equipment, Viz Mosart and Viz Opus.
- Participate in team activities.
- Participate in support.
- Keep competence matrix updated and correct.
- Keep an eye open for possible sales opportunities with our customers, and suggest that we can help to solve their problems when appropriate.
- Prepare time reports and approve in time weekly and at month end.
- Experience in service on-site delivery for the customer to meet expectation
- Experience with Vision Mixer operations or configuration is an advantage
- Software engineering experience is an advantage
- Skilled in CRM and issue management systems e.g. JIRA, Salesforce
- Very good oral and written English communication skills required
- Assistance and coordination of multiple teams in different countries in APAC
- Experience working in broadcast environments is considerably
- Experience with the Vizrt’s products is a plus
- Other languages welcome
- Technical degree in computer science or equivalent.
Click here to read about our online privacy and personal data policies.