The role of the Logistics Specialist in Thailand is the backbone of the sales operational process. Being in the heart of the process, this requires a good communication skills to all levels, management abilities (for time & resources) good performance under pressure, and meeting set schedules.
The Logistics Specialist is the one responsible for accepting the new Purchase order from sales, and processing all transactions from this point on until an invoice to issue. This includes understanding of the sales quote & customer signed PO, managing purchasing transactions and local stock levels, inventory control, export/Import from TH and local deliveries, as well as assuring the process was completed in the ERP system, as per cooperate and Finance standards and requirements.
A logistics person should be also the one who close all losing ends of handling Inventory, so RMA's, equipment forecast, and process of moving HW from Inventory to FA is also a part of her/his tasks.
A close teamwork would be on a daily basis with local sales team, Finance department and Global Vizrt Logistics team. Good English (Write/read/speak) is mandatory!
Location will be Vizrt offices in suburban Bangkok. This is a full time job.
- Collect and File (Soft copy & hard copy) sales related documents, including sales order, sales quote and contract. Assure to keep a translation documents to ENG.
- Operate sales orders in the local ERP system, from first step of approving Quote to AFD ἁ Create SAO ἁ up to the point of invoice issuance.
- Recording sales transactions for the local office install base and for finance control.
- Provide frequent customers sales forecast, for the purpose of HW ordering by Vizrt Headquarter.
- Create sales related documents (local delivery notes, RMA forms, SW delivery mails/relocation forms).
- Follow up and operate RMA's (return and replace of faulty items) with both the customers and the Vendors.
- Being the key person to manage purchasing (local and IC), for the office in BKK. This should include all Inventory HW for sales, as well as FA. (Not including office supplies or Furniture.)
- Local Warehouse management. Separating DEMO and SALES stock, including loans and rentals of APAC demo pool, follow up on shipments of goods and assuring goods returned on time.
- ERP/SITE Key person -maintenance and updates for contacts; products and reports.
- Customers Support contract management and follow-up with sales and finance.
- Although a different person is doing Licensing, the Logistics Specialist is controlling all dongles. We treat Dongles as the key to the safe-deposit-box, and hence it keep locked under Logistics responsibility. Dongles serial number tracked, managed as inventory in the ERP system.
- Fluent spoken and written English essential.
- Strong personality and good communication skills.
- Able to prioritize and work under pressure.
- Organized, focused and extremely accurate.
- Team player.
- Able to grasp complex concepts and processes quickly.
- Experience in import/export processes; a background in purchasing management could be beneficial.
- High sense of responsibility and service.
- University educated.
- Responsible for working with the customer Logistic team to complete Hardware and Software delivery process to our customer regarding to customer PO
Once we have decided on a person, here is how we should start training:
- Learn from sales about the Global Vizrt company, the products in General, paying attention to different lines of products and the related processes, local type of activity and the local TH Team.
- Use Viz University for self-learning.
- Understand work process in TH VS finance and Headquarters.
- Get familiar with the CRM/other quoting system (Salesforce).
- Learn how to work on SITE. Understand the concept of ERP systems and the difference modules of the system. Communicate with the controller, go over and divide the responsibilities and the daily tasks for each.
- Local inventory availability. Visit the warehouse, and see the different HW types. Check that inventory compatible to the actual stock. Differ between Sales inventory; Demo Inventory or R&D FA.
- Take transactions to assure he is the gate kipper for all goods, being in/out to the
- Assure all transactions documented as required: Keep copy of sales orders; management approvals; quotes; PO's, inventory stock counts; delivery notes and so...