Vizrt is seeking a Broadcast Automation Solution Architect to join our team in our New York City office location. The ideal candidate is a quality focused Broadcast Engineer or Technical Director who strives to exceed customer expectations. Successful candidates are curious, excellent problem-solvers, self-motivated, collaborative and structured in the work environment. The Broadcast Automation Solution Architect has the responsibility to manage several active projects simultaneously without daily supervision as well as successfully communicate with external customers and co-workers.
The selected candidate will be working with Vizrt's internal and external customers to support and commission our suite of automation, graphics and video playback products for the broadcast and digital industry. This job may require a significant amount of travel for setup of new systems as well as on-site support. The selected candidate will also work with internal and external customers over the phone and via remote support sessions.
What You Will Do:
- Work with diverse groups of people within Vizrt and our customer organizations to commission new software and hardware solutions.
- Provide exceptional training experiences for Vizrt and non-Vizrt products for both Vizrt employees and our customers.
- Execute self-directed tasks in an efficient manner to achieve milestones and deadlines.
- Constantly work to expand competencies in Vizrt products.
- Accurately document customer sites.
- Provide additional support to other divisions such as Pre-Sales and Global Support as required.
- Develop and maintain VM platforms to allow for maximum efficiency for users.
- Accurately report time towards projects and other tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are absolutely required
What You Bring:
- Technical BS in Computer Science degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years Broadcast Engineering or 2 years Technical Directing
- Knowledge of production hardware such as video switcher, audio boards, video servers, etc
- Knowledge of production software such as Chyron, Brainstorm, Vizrt, production switcher automation (Ignite, Overdrive, ELC), Newsroom systems (iNews, ENPS, Octopus), etc
- Design of broadcast graphics (2-D and 3-D)
- Manipulating data in and managing relational databases, Oracle preferred
- Understanding of XML/XSL
- Experience in scripting
- Strong listening and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with real-time 3D graphics systems, Vizrt a plus
- Programming Microsoft .Net C# and Visual Basic a plus
- The desire to constantly expand knowledge of new technologies
- Willing to work nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel to client locations within North America, occasionally overseas
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 60 pounds as needed
What We Offer:
- We offer an exciting opportunity in an expanding international company with potential for personal growth
- A caring environment with regular feedback and personal development together with a 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision & life insurance for you and your family
- Excellent time off programs
- A friendly and welcoming work environment with highly skilled colleagues
- We utilize innovative software development technologies and methodologies
- We create software and services that push creative boundaries and develop new ways of telling stories
Vizrt creates leading-edge content production tools for the digital media industry - from award-winning 3D graphics through integrated video workflow solutions. Our product line includes interactive and virtual solutions, studio automation, sports analysis, animations, maps, weather, video editing and online publishing tools. Leading broadcasters worldwide including CNN, CBS, MSNBC, Fox, the BBC, BSkyB, ITN, ZDF, Star TV, Network 18, TV Today, CCTV and NHK utilize Vizrt solutions. This is possible due to 600 engaged and very competent employees in multiple worldwide locations. The global headquarters is in Bergen, Norway. Vizrt Americas (65 employees) is based in New York City and provides all of the company’s product lines for clients in North and South America. Read more at www.vizrt.com.
Click here to read about our online privacy and personal data policies.