Who are we looking for?
A software engineer who is interested in infrastructure and operations, or sysadmin who has good programming skills.
Why are we looking for new teammates?
We are developing a new range of SaaS products and looking for engineers to join our Cloud Services team to define, build, and operate our infrastructure and SaaS products.
Projects we will be working on include:
- Setting up and operating monitoring, log collection and analytics, distributed tracing, dashboards, etc.
- Building and operating service delivery pipeline, that is build and deployment processes and systems
- Being on-call to handle emergencies, which must be a rare exception
- Developing disaster recovery processes
- Developing reporting tools for running cost analysis
- Provide input on application architecture in areas such as operations features, resilience, and scaling
- Evaluating new technologies to enhance our infrastructure
- Developing security and release policies
- Automating infrastructure management, also known as Infrastructure as a Code
- Capacity planning
What skills are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who:
- Able and willing to talk to people, because we believe in people over process and tools approach
- Can design and build a medium sized software systems on their own. Say a a deployment console or a web forum level of complexity
- Has a good grasp of how contemporary web-based systems operate from browser to database. This includes:
- Application design patterns for scaling, resiliency, and high availability
- Web servers
- Working knowledge of core database concepts. That is, indexes, data integrity, concurrent data access, transactions
- Have been long enough in software industry to know about two kinds of people and backups
Following qualities are a merit:
- In depth knowledge of one of the major IaaS platform
- Experience implementing and operating monitoring, log management, distributed tracing, and alerting
- Experience in designing and developing applications with high scalability and resiliency requirements on IaaS platform
- Great proficiency with one of the major automation systems (Ansible, Salt, Chef, or Puppet)
- Experience in operating medium to large bare-metal production environments (100+ machines)
Our technology stack
We have products built on both Windows and Linux stacks, with Windows being a prevalent platform. As for languages we use, in order of popularity, C#, C++, Java, Perl, Python, and Go.
- Plenty of space and support for initiatives and original ideas. We welcome them. Whether you've been with us for a week, month, or year
- Quiet and modern office segmented in rooms. 8 minutes walk from Kista subway
- International work environment with colleagues from more than 10 countries
- 30 vacation days
- And bunch of other nice things like: wellness allowance, mobile phone subscription, better than industry average insurance