Presales Solution Architect based in Sydney
(Based in Sydney, with responsibility for Australasia including Indonesia and Malaysia)
The Nature of Vizrt MAM Projects
The mission of a typical Vizrt MAM project is to perform an initial or incremental system implementation of a media asset management system (MAM). The customer usually relies on Vizrt MAM products to fundamentally change the workflows and methods at the very core of their business. It is Vizrt’s mission to help our customers to achieve their business objectives through professional delivery of Vizrt software and services.
The Project Team
A typical project team consists of a Project Manager (PM), a Technical Pre Sales Solution Architect (SA) and a System Engineer (SE). The SA is responsible for the technical solutions that are provided to the customer to fulfill contractual requirements. The SE tasks includes installation, configuration, test and problem resolution during the project. In some projects the Project Team tasks also include customization development.
Additional resources may be tied to the project during high activity periods.
Presales Solution Architect role
The Presales Solutions Architect at Vizrt works closely with our key customers to understand their needs and translate this into requirements. The Presales Solution Architect is responsible for making sure the solution designs fits the needs of the customer, and at the same time protects the integrity of Viz One, and the interests of Vizrt. On a daily basis the Presales Solution Architect is usually part of a project team, and reports to the VP MAM, APAC.
The Presales Solution Architect is responsible for; given a set of requirements, defining a solution that meets those requirements, using the existing components of Viz One, as well as by suggesting additional 3rd party components or integrations as necessary. Vizrt Presales Solution Architects are very familiar with all types of broadcast workflows and environments and are seen as industry experts.
The Presales Solution Architect also participate in different sales activities like customer demos, time and resource estimations, high level designs, RFP replies, proof of concepts and sales meetings.
Reporting to the VP of MAM, APAC, the successful candidate will act in a self-contained manner (from lead qualification to deal closure) while maintaining a close cooperation, coordination and communication with the regional Sales managers in providing subject matter expertise in Vizrt´s Media Asset Management solution.
- As a Presales Solution Architect you are expected, but not limited to:
- Deliver superior value-added services to the existing customer base and new customers that include broadcast, cable and other media outlets
- Analyze customer needs and manage customer expectations
- Interface with customers to control and minimize issues and challenges
- Participate in extensive customer contact including presentations, demonstrations, group meetings and sales calls
- Collaborate closely with MAM Professional Services / Delivery team in order to design and budget projects in accordance to customer expectations as well as make them aligned to product roadmap and product strategy
- Mentor the country and regional Sales managers in selling small to medium to enterprise large MAM solutions
- Work closely with sales staffs in promoting products, demonstrations and proof of concept
- Communicate both internal and external business and technical challenges to senior management
- Experience in working with and understanding advanced end to end MAM systems and Mobile technology
- Experience in collaborating with a group of highly technical engineers and project managers
- Experience in technical sales
- Comfortability in technically complex environments
- Experience working directly with technical and non-technical customers at senior and mid management levels
- Capability to differentiate Vizrt from established and new competitors
- Experience working in pressure situations
- Experience in sales, development or customer service organizations
- Eagerness to respond appropriately and solve customer issues
- Design complete Viz ONE solutions, that fulfill the needs of the customer, and at the same time protect the interests of Vizrt, for example by:
- Given one or more business requirements, create the structures of a solution that can be validated to meet those requirements.
- Given the functional and non-functional requirements, define a solution that meets the stated requirements using Vizrt and industry standard methodologies, procedures and tools.
- Given requirements and a list of stakeholders, identify approaches, tools, techniques, and technologies to meet the requirements, and explain the present and future rationale so that stakeholders accept the choices and agree with the rationale.
- Determine, document, and communicate architectural decisions to support and rationalize the design of the solution.
- Assess the technical integrity and risks inherent in a solution in the context of a business requirement, so that the proposed recommendations are appropriate and implementable.
- A thorough understanding of our customers business needs, and how they relate to their business and mission.
- Constantly strive to improve the day to day operations and processes, for example by:
- Providing feedback (positive and negative) to colleagues you work with.
- Making sure that project related activities, code, and configurations are properly documented.
- Submitting high quality bug reports to R&D, according to R&D’s templates and instructions.
- Improving the quality of the product, as well as suggesting improvements.
- In a professional manner interact with your colleagues and our customers, for example by:
- Mentoring colleagues junior to you
- Guiding one or more system engineers in performing their work to completion.
- Mediate opposing viewpoints and negotiate equitable solutions to ensure successful and stable outcomes
- Create development tickets to R&D, according to R&D’s templates and instructions.
- Create development tickets for customized development according to current procedures.
- Travel to participate in on site activities.
- Participate in review meetings if needed.
- Participate in team activities.
- To protect Vizrt from unnecessary cost by:
- Creating solution designs that fit within the time budget initially sold.
- Not including unpaid functionality in the scope.
- Making sure that non existing functionality is not included in solutions without appropriate development plans and approvals.
- Participate in design workshops and project activities at the customer’s location.
- Prepare and perform internal and external trainings
- Prepare time reports and approve in time weekly and at month end.
- Experience working in broadcast environments (digital media such as video, audio and stills)
- Experience in sales forecasting, budgeting and cost management
- Experience with traditional and cloud based storage systems, as well as state of the art hardware systems
- Technical BS degree or equivalent required, Master's degree preferred
- Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Visio fluency required
- Jira, Confluence, Salesforce experience preferred
- Deep technical and workflow knowledge of broadcast environments required
- Presales and/or Solution Architecture experience required
- Knowledge of Networking and broadcast infrastructure preferred
- Ability to travel (about 20% of the time)
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal