The Nature of Vizrt Projects
Vizrt creates leading-edge content production tools for the digital media industry, from award-winning 3D maps & graphics to integrated media workflow solutions and publishing tools.
The mission of a typical Vizrt project is to perform an initial or incremental system implementation and setup of a solution to help our customers to achieve their business objectives through professional delivery of Vizrt software and services. A project can vary in size and duration but will usually cover design, installation, configuration, testing and training services till Go Live. After the Go Live the system gets handed over to Support.
The Project Team
A typical project team consists of a Project Manager (PM), a Solution Architect (SA) and one or multiple System Engineers (SE). The SA is responsible for the technical solutions that are provided to the customer to fulfil contractual requirements. The SE tasks include installation, configuration, test and problem resolution during the project. In some projects the Project Team tasks also include customization development or design services.
System Engineer MAM role
The overall responsibility of a System Engineer (SE) at Vizrt is to as part of a project team or individually, deliver high quality systems to our customers, and always keep the best interest of Vizrt in mind. The System Engineer reports to his Team Manager and/or the Project Manager who assign tasks to be done. The SE works independently and takes full responsibility of the assigned tasks, that they are done on time and with high quality.
Typical tasks are installation, configuration, documentation, testing and bug fixing of the Viz MAM system and its integration with 3rd party hardware and software but can be any other task that will ensure a successful delivery. A lot of the work will be done with remote access but there will also be significant opportunities to travel on-site to customers.
The System Engineer must be able to have an effective dialogue with end-users, developers and technical staff both internally and externally. The position requires technical and communication skills. During critical project periods the job can be very intense, so flexibility and ability to manage stress is personal qualities is good to have. System Engineers are also expected to support Vizrt MAM products after project completion by manning support lines, logging support tickets, analysing problems and concerns, triaging and escalating issues from Vizrt customers, as needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver successful high-quality systems to Vizrt clients as part of a project team
- Manage the project’s success by:
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting as well as helping to launch systems into production in an efficient and professional manner
- Understanding Vizrt’s project model
- Working independently and keeping promises
- Planning and estimating the time needed for you to complete various tasks, according to your own skill level and experience
- Taking responsibility and initiative to constantly learn more about the broadcast industry, broadcast equipment, cloud technologies etc.
- Perform on site and remote installations of Vizrt’s systems for Media Asset Management software - Viz One
- Troubleshoot and solve complex customer issues related to the Viz One product line
- Participate in capture of specifications, follow up, test and debug of software development
- Software installations, verification of user interface and performing Site Acceptance Test, and template construction (Show Design and Metadata configurations)
- Customer training for Super Users, IT department, Users
- Be part of the go-live process
- On occasion, perform upgrades/ migrations during non-office hours
- Ensure high customer satisfaction
- Participate in concept development and product specification
- Lab tests for new software development
- Development of training- and product documentation
- Technical sales support
- Tier 2 customer support: Log and manage support tickets, analyse and triage problems and concerns
- Tier 3 customer support: Deeper analysis to discover root cause of non-trivial customer cases
- Follow up using Vizrt support tools
What You Bring:
- Technical Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience in an engineering role as consultant, devops, developer or support engineer, preferably from the digital media industry
- Ability to work in a cross-platform development environment, consisting primarily of Linux
- Linux administration and scripting experience in Unix environment
- Familiarity with network protocols and libraries on Linux, network troubleshooting, storage, switch and router configuration
- Significant programming experience with Python, Perl, Java or comparable languages
- Familiarity with relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, or DB2 preferably) and SQL
- Understanding of XML, JSON, YAML and similar data serialization formats and relevant manipulation tools
- Experience with using RESTful web services APIs
- Passion for video, streaming and mobile applications / technologies
- Skilled in CRM and issue management systems e.g. JIRA, Salesforce
- Experience in working in high-pressure situations
- Experience in a customer service organization
- Flexibility to travel throughout the region
- Eligibility to work and reside in Australia (must have permanent residency or Australian citizenship)
- Experience in Vizrt products like: Viz One, Viz Mosart, Viz Pilot and other Vizrt products
- Eager to help and solve customer issues; a customer friendly disposition
- Comfortable in technically complex environments
- 2+ years engineering experience in the digital media industry
- Commercial awareness of the broadcast media industry
- Ability to contribute to continual service and product improvement
- Experience with cloud technologies / migrations to the cloud is a strong plus, as are any relevant certifications (primarily AWS)
- Certifications in Business Analysis, Project, Service Management such as PBA, PMP, PRINCE2, or ITIL
What We Offer:
- We offer an exciting opportunity in an expanding international company
- A competitive salary
- Travel opportunities for system installation and support throughout the Asia Pacific region
- Training in the Vizrt product portfolio
- A friendly and welcoming work environment with highly skilled colleagues
- We utilize innovative software development technologies and methodologies
- We create software and services that push creative boundaries and develop new ways of telling stories
Vizrt creates leading-edge content production tools for the digital media industry - from award-winning 3D graphics through integrated video workflow solutions. Our product line includes interactive and virtual solutions, studio automation, sports analysis, animations, maps, weather, video editing and online publishing tools. Leading broadcasters worldwide including TEN, CNN, CBS, MSNBC, Fox, the BBC, BSkyB, ITN, ZDF, Star TV, Network 18, TV Today, CCTV and NHK utilize Vizrt solutions. This is possible due to 600 engaged and very competent employees in multiple worldwide locations. Read more at www.vizrt.com
Click here to read about our online privacy and personal data policies.